Globally competitive air companies with headquarters or significant operations in Queensland include:
- Airbus Group Australia Pacific - headquartered in Queensland, Airbus is assembling and delivering 47 MRH90 multi-role helicopters for the Australian Army and Navy and also supports 22 Tiger armed reconnaissance helicopters (ARH) for the Australian Army
- Asia Pacific Aerospace - a privately owned SME specialising in the maintenance, repair and overhaul (MRO) of small to medium gas turbine engines
- BAE Systems Australia - a defence and security company offering security clients and the Australian Defence Force (ADF) through-life support, security, logistics and systems integration services
- Becker Helicopters - a helicopter operator offering flight training, air transport operations, maintenance and overhaul services and ab initio and advanced training to universal military standards
- Boeing Defence Australia (BDA) - headquartered in Queensland, BDA has key capability in tactical and airlift aircraft, strike fighter sustainment services, integrated logistics support, and surveillance programs
- Boeing Research and Technology Australia - Boeing's advanced research and development unit
- Craig International Ballistics - a leading supplier of body armour to the ADF) and police forces
- Crystalaid Manufacture - an electronics manufacturer with capability in design and production engineering
- Ferra - a company specialising in the design, manufacture, assembly and test of aerospace structures and sub-systems
- Flying Colours Aviation - an SME offering complete painting and refinishing of exterior, cabin interior and components for civil and defence aircraft with a facility capable of accommodating large aircraft such as the Hercules C-130J and Airbus 320
- GE Aviation Systems Australia - one of the world's leading manufacturers of large jet aircraft engines and support services
- Heat Treatment Australia - the largest commercial heat treater in Australia
- Insitu Pacific - a subsidiary of the Boeing company that designs, develops and operates high-performance unmanned aircraft systems (UAS)
- L3 Harris - Micreo - a company that specialises in the design and manufacture of radio frequency microphones and subsystems for global defence companies
- Northrop Grumman Australia - a key supplier to defence, communications, security and information markets providing capability and technology related to the Wedgetail AEW&C, FA/18 Super Hornet and KC-30A MRTT programs
- Nova Systems - a company providing engineering and management services including complex project delivery to Australian and international defence organisations and government
- Raytheon Australia - a high technology company providing solutions in mission systems integration and mission support
- QinetiQ - a leading provider of impartial technology-based services and solutions to a number of markets including defence, security and aerospace.
- Sikorsky - a Lockheed Martin company has proven and extensive capabilities in aerospace support for Sikorsky, Bell and other manufacturers of rotary wing aircraft throughout the Pacific and South East Asian regions. The company operates from a fully certified facility in Brisbane.
- Standard Aero - a leading provider of MRO services for fixed-wing and rotary aircraft.
- TAE Aerospace - a leading provider of gas-turbine MRO services that also offers aerospace engineering, advanced manufacturing, avionics and aircraft wheel and brake services
Last updated: Friday, Sep 18, 2020