2020-21 Flying-Fox Roost Management in Queensland Program (Round 1)
The Department of Environment and Science is delivering $2 million in grant funding over four years that will assist Queensland local governments to mitigate the impacts of flying-fox roosts on their communities and better support residents and businesses to co-exist with flying-foxes.
The program will be delivered through six competitive rounds over the next four financial years (beginning in 2020–2021) enabling councils to access funding twice annually over this period.
As councils are at different stages of the flying-fox roost management process, the grants program provides funding through three distinct but complementary streams.
- Stream 1: Immediate/high-priority actions—grants to assist councils to carry out immediate high-priority works while longer-term arrangements are developed.
- Stream 2: Development of roost management plans—grants to assist councils to develop long-term roost management plans for their LGA. Management plans will address particular problem roosts and provide a holistic guide to adaptive management options for roosts over the entire LGA.
- Stream 3: Implementation of roost management plans—grants to assist councils to implement roost management actions (identified within their management plans) to mitigate the impacts of flying fox roosts and encourage their communities to co-exist with flying-foxes.
For Round 1 of the program funding will be available across all three streams.
Forms and resources
- 2020–21 LGFFRMP Round 1 Guidelines – Stream 1 (PDF, 249KB)
- 2020–21 LGFFRMP Round 2 Guidelines – Stream 2 (PDF,254KB)
- 2020–21 LGFFRMP Round 3 Guidelines – Stream 3 (PDF, 251KB)
- 2020–21 LGFFRMP Round 1 Application Form (PDF, 274KB)
- Applications open Wednesday 14 April 2021.
- Applications close 5:00pm Wednesday 12 May 2021.
- Announcement of successful projects made in June 2021.
How to apply
- Submit your application/s to FLYINGFOX@dsdilgp.qld.gov.au by 5:00pm Wednesday 12 May 2021.
Phone: 0481 473 491
Last updated: Wednesday, May 12, 2021